Thursday, April 29, 2010

Retreat from the city


My grandparents and some other family live out in the country in Nebraska. I go out there every so often to visit them. There is absolutely nothing there except for wide open fields and the occasional barn or house. I am definitely a city girl at heart, but I do love retreating to the country. The world just seems to never end, you can see out forever. This gives me a sense of calmness in nature to see the corn stalks blow in the wind and watch as the clouds appear to touch the ground in the distance.


My grandmother's house has a swing seat in the backyard that I used to sit in alone sometimes as the rest of the family was inside chatting and helping in the kitchen to cook our meal.



Nature. Beauty. Retreat from civilization and technology. Alone. Family. Friendship. Purity.

No comments:

Post a Comment