Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Power of Sound



It is amazing that I can listen to a you tube video for stress relief. But, this video's sounds really made me feel more relaxed and at peace. Try watching this without actually looking at the pictures but just listening. Sounds generate different emotions. You can listen to something and feel tension and anger, or serenity like this.

There are little times when I feel like we just sit and listen to sounds rather than words. In my busy life, I am constantly interacting with people, watching TV or on the computer. Although we hear many things in our life and may call ourselves good listeners but we are referring to listening to other people talk most likely. Take some time to just listen to some music without words or listen to sounds of nature and you will be surprised how many we miss in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment