Monday, February 1, 2010

The State of My Union


So recently our President gave the annual state of the union address. The state of the union allows the President and the nation to look back on the past year and assess the problems and successes of the year, as well as establish goals and plans for the future. If I were to make one about myself it would probably go like this:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The state of Jennifer Moderow is stressed and over scheduled, but improving everyday. I have a specific plan and much ambition to succeed in the coming future. I never said it was going to be easy to take on a full course load of upper level classes, dive into my major, take on an executive board position as well as have any social life. However, with a rocky transition behind us, I am determined to stick to a very effective plan that will ensure that this semester will end with good grades and that I will leave my office with many changes and improvements. I urge you to believe in me and this plan.

One of my most important goals for this year is to look at everything with a positive attitude. This past year I have found myself disappointed in procrastination and lost valuable time. It is not worth complaining about life because you are in control of its direction. If you don't like something change it. Let's seize this opportunity to make the best out of every day for life really is very short. We have the power to create change and our positivity will be nothing but contagious.

I also would like to get to treating my body right by getting enough sleep and exercise. I will be more productive if I fit this into my life again. I would like you to know that their is hope for the future despite previous hard times.

This past year has not been all bad though, for the first time I had a real job, and know more of what I want to do after college. I declared my major and minor and am finally on track to graduate on time. I also would like to announce that I will be able to fit in my dream to study abroad in Italy this year.

I assure you the state of Jennifer Moderow is under control. Thank you for all of your time and support.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suggest that everyone think of what there own state of their union would be once a year. It is important to access where you are in your life just like politicians do for our country. This is not like making a silly new years resolution that you will forget after about a month. This should be done mid year and thought of very honestly and realistically. Those who write down their goals are more likely to do great things!

No comments:

Post a Comment