Saturday, February 27, 2010

Spring Fever!


Today is such a beautiful day! I think it is strange how the weather can so drastically affect my mood. I think I may have SAD (seasonal affective disorder). But, I have not necessarily been depressed this winter, although I certainly feel a huge relief and sense of freedom with the wonderful spring weather. I really believe that a lot of people are affected by changes in weather.
It has been estimated that 1.5-9% of adults in the US experience SAD. However, I feel like it could be more people that are affected actually affected but to a lesser degree.

Today, the sunshine, blue sky, fresh air assured me that spring was on its way. I grew up all my life in New Jersey where there are long winters with some very cold and dreary days. I loved growing up where I did, but I did want to move someplace warmer for college. I thought Texas was always warm! This past Dallas winter certainly has not been though. People always tell me I should be used to the cold. But I say so what if I have experienced this more than you, I still hate it just the same! I was so sick of the cold, rain, show, and grey skies. I hope that it stays this way into the spring! Today I had a revelation of my life ahead of me and that I essentially control where I go after college in the sense of what carreer I choose, where I live and who I spend my life with. I may just remember back to today when I have to choose the WHERE part of this puzzle of my life. But, if anything, the nice weather has made me feel better about life and made me appreciate freedom.




No comments:

Post a Comment