Sunday, February 7, 2010

People change...


I've heard it said That people come into our lives for a reason Bringing something we must learn And we are led To those who help us most to grow If we let them And we help them in return Well, I don't know if I believe that's true But I know I'm who I am today Because I knew you... Because I knew you I have been changed for good. ~Wicked "For Good"

I saw the musical production Wicked twice. I saw it once in NY and once in DC, and both times I loved the musical. I know that Wicked was a very popular production but I really do connect with the lyrics. I recently thought of "For Good" because I was thinking about how my friends have changed from last year to this year. Sometimes it saddens me that certain people are no longer in my life because we used to have great times together. However, I have learned that people change sometimes and I know that that person and I can't really have those same times again because things have changed. At first this seems like a real big shame. But, I believe that people really do come into our lives for a reason and that might mean just temporarily. So, it's time to let go of the past and allow ourselves to be thankful for those people who have changed us for good rather than wish that we could go back in time. I know it is easier said than done. You may become a stronger person and less dependent on others thanks to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment