Thursday, January 21, 2010

Just me


So today I ate dinner alone, I sat there looking around as people chatted. I wondered if anyone noticed that I was eating alone. I noticed myself trying to eat quickly so I could get out of there. I guess I was embarrassed? But, really I was enjoying myself. The voices and conversations around me blurred all into one noise and I actually found that I could think and be alone despite all that noise and the people around me. It was almost as if I wasn't there with them. Our culture is so busy and has us always surrounded by people that we don't really get to enjoy time with ourselves. And even when we are alone, we don't really use it for us. I guess I should treat myself to some more true "me" time.


Well, sometimes its not so fun to be alone especially when it seems that everyone has someone to be with. But, its for sure going to happen, so might as well be content that way.





No comments:

Post a Comment